If you are an avid gamer then knowing the dpi of your gaming mouse is one of those things that can make or break a game. So, let’s face it, a $30 investment in a better gaming mouse can save you weeks of training and frustration. But what if you have no idea how to find the right dpi? And what do I mean by dpi? Fear not, we’ll sort all this out.
For almost any job you could think of, there are at least five different ways to do it. When it comes to PC gaming, most people use a mouse or a variation of one. Here, we’re going to talk about what DPI means and how you can adjust your mouse sensitivity for the best experience possible.
What are DPI and why should I care?
DPI stands for dots per inch. If you have a mouse with a high dpi, then your cursor will move across the screen at a much faster speed than a mouse with a lower dpi. A higher DPI means more sensitivity to movements of the mouse which allows for smoother and more precise movements.
Find what DPI is best for you
Gaming – gaming mice tend to range from about 600 to 2000 dpi. These mice are more sensitive so that you can make fast reaction time movements when playing games.
The downside to this is that you need to have a very good aim because these mice can be picky about how accurate your movements need to be in order to achieve the desired effect.
These mice are also very sensitive to dust and lint, so you will have to clean them often in order to keep them working properly, or else they may not work at all.
How To Change Razer Mouse Dpi
Changing the DPI, or dots per inch of a mouse is an easy way to make using your computer more comfortable and efficient. Whether you just bought a new mouse or you’re just not happy with your current settings, changing the dpi is easy.
It’s important to note that there are two different types of dpi, optical and laser. Laser mice have dpi settings that can go as high as 8200 while optical mice typically have settings between 400 and 1200.
Optical Mice adjust their sensitivity by using a light source to track movement. The higher the dpi setting, the faster the cursor will move across your screen. This is great for people who play competitive online games or for anyone who wants to see their cursor move faster across the screen.
Laser mice use light sensors to track movement instead of a light source. The sensors are able to detect even the tiniest movements so this type of mouse is ideal for graphic designers and other people whose jobs require precise hand movements. Not only do laser mice track movement at a higher rate than optical mice but they can also sense surface textures better than optical mice making them more suitable for drawing programs like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
Here’s How to Change DPI Settings
1. Plug in your Razer mouse via USB into the computer that it came with and then open the software that came with the mouse. Find “Mouse Sensitivity” in the software and change it to whatever suits you best.
2. If your mouse isn’t working properly or isn’t as responsive as it should be, try calibrating it by following these easy steps:
1. Plug in your Razer Mouse via USB into the computer that it came with and then open the software that came with the mouse. Click on “Calibrate Sensitivity” under “Razer Control Panel.”
3. Choose which mouse button you would like to test, then click on “Start Test.” After this, move your mouse around on a flat surface, and once you have moved it enough to get a reading, click on “Stop Test.” This should show you how much movement is needed for one pixel to appear on-screen and how much sensitivity you currently have set on your mouse. You can then use this information to tweak your dpi settings accordingly.
How do I change DPI in Razer Synapse?
Razer Synapse is a powerful software that allows you to customize your Razer gaming peripherals. It’s easy to use, but it can be tricky to find what you’re looking for sometimes.
Razer Synapse 3 automatically sets your mouse DPI. However, there are times when you may want to change the default DPI to suit a particular game or application.
You can change the DPI in Razer Synapse, follow these steps:
1. Click on the top option (The Razer logo) in the left-hand corner of the program
2. Select the gear icon to access settings
3. Select the input tab
4. Scroll down and select mouse from the list of available options.
5. Click on advanced at the bottom of this page and select DPI from there.
6. Change DPI to your desired level and click save.
Please let me know if you need further assistance on this matter. Please be sure to include a screenshot of this conversation when responding to this email so we can better assist you with your issue.”